Lady Trojans Golf Falls to Valpo In 9-Hole Match

Co-captain, senior Miranda Miller

Miranda Miller, Co-Editor In Chief

On Tuesday, the Lady Trojans golf team played a nine-hole match against Valparaiso at Valparaiso Country Club.  With the windy and hot weather, the course was significantly more difficult than usual.  Valparaiso’s varsity team ended with a score of 179, defeating the Trojans, who ended the match with a score of 224, by 45 strokes. 

The team’s coach, Toby Gentry stated, “Overall, I am pleased with the team’s performance.  To drop 55 strokes from the first invitational to the last invitational is absolutely outstanding, I believe they have the ability to score much lower.”

For varsity, senior Miranda Miller led the varsity Trojans with a score of 52, followed by senior Paige House and junior Lizzy Gray, who both carded a 57.  Freshman Maddie Soffin came in with a score of 58, followed by junior Sydney Orsburn with a 66.  

For junior varsity, sophomore Peighton Metcalf tied with Miller, with a score of 52.  Coming in after Metcalf, freshman Cori Shultz carded a 56, senior Mollie Haughtington (64), sophomore Alize Lawrence (64), and sophomore Zoe Trakas (67). 

Valpo’s junior varsity team did not have enough players to have a score, however, the CHS jv girls had an overall score of 238. 

On Thursday August 26th, the girls will tee it up against LaPorte and Michigan City at the Michigan City Municipal course.