CHS HOSA Holds Fundraiser Night at Chick-Fil-A

Buy chicken and support their cause!

Carl Harding, Sandscript Writer

Want to get some great food and support the Chesterton High School HOSA club simultaneously? You can do just that, tonight, April 4 from 6:30 pm to 10 pm, by heading to the Chick-Fil-A in Valparaiso on 67 Silhavy Rd and getting yourself a quality meal. Part of all proceeds from Chick-Fil-A tonight will go towards the CHS HOSA club! For those who do not know what HOSA is, The Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) is an organization that provides students across the United States with opportunities to develop as a leader and help them become future health professionals. At CHS, the HOSA club is a student-run club that teaches its members about healthcare occupations such as doctors, nurses, x-ray techs, and many more occupations that require medical knowledge.

The purpose of the fundraiser is to raise money to allow members of HOSA at CHS to participate in the State conference in April from the tenth to the twelfth. At the conference, HOSA members can learn about different aspects of healthcare and the members can participate in competitions based on how to properly do CPR and first aid. They also take part in a medical terminology competition. From this conference, many HOSA members can earn scholarships. Taking part in the state conference will cost the club around $1200. HOSA club sponsor, Kristen Myers is hoping to raise around $400 to $500 to help offset the cost of the conference. 

“We have already raised some money and we are prepared to pay out of pocket, but we would just like to offset that. If we make the full $1200 that’s awesome, but that is probably unlikely,” said Myers.

For those who wish to support the HOSA’s clubs’ cost, all they have to do is order at the Chick-Fil-A in Valparaiso and they can do all options whether it be dining in or taking to go. To ensure the donation goes to the HOSA club, customers can either say they want to donate to CHS HOSA or they can show the employees the flier that will be left at the bottom of this article and they will be able to donate. The flier can be printed or you can just show the employees at Chick-Fil-A on your mobile device. Ten to twenty percent of the revenue made at the fundraiser will be given to CHS HOSA to help pay for the expenses of the conference. Whether you want to enjoy some delicious food or you like to donate cash to others, taking part in this fundraiser will aid the HOSA club at CHS in achieving what they want, and that is to go to this conference later in the month.