CHS Celebrates Mid-Year Graduates!

Gigi Hanner

Last Saturday, January 23rd, CHS held it’s mid-year graduation ceremony for seniors who earned their high school diploma a semester early. Of the 24 graduates, 11 of them participated in the ceremony. This ceremony is much different than the one held in June, not only because of the small number of students involved, but also because of the number of guests each student may bring, which is unlimited for this event.

“My favorite part is right after the ceremony when families take pictures with their graduate on the auditorium stage. No other graduates get that same opportunity.” assistant Principal Robert Blumenthal said, noting that this ceremony allows for something that the one in June doesn’t.

By graduating early, students are able to get a jump start on their career plans, whether they are going to college or joining the workforce. Many of these graduates have already begun taking college courses and will be afforded the opportunity to start their adult lives sooner than the rest of their classmates.

“I was counting down the hours until my final day since November,” mid term grad, McKenna Middendorf said, excited to finally be done.  Middendorf plans to take the semester off to work and prepare for college in the fall semester, “I will miss my friends on the Speech and Debate team the most, and I will miss advisory the least,” Middendorf concluded.

Congratulations to all 24 CHS students who graduated Saturday; the CHS Sandscript wishes you good luck with your future endeavors!