2020-21 CHS Senior Banquet

CHS is holding a senior banquet May 27th to give the 2020-21 senior class one last chance to gather together.

Chloe Clendenin, author

Chesterton has announced information for the 2020-21 senior banquet. The banquet will take place on Thursday, May 27th from 6:00-8:00 pm in the school cafeteria. Tickets are $15 per person – the cost of the ticket will cover admittance and a meal. Seniors were sent an email over the past week regarding ticket purchases and the link has also been posted on the student government Twitter and Facebook. All seniors will buy their tickets online, the last day to purchase tickets is Friday, May 21st. 

Senior banquets are gatherings of the senior class to enjoy one last meal together before graduation, it is also a time to announce academic and athletic achievements as well as announce senior superlatives. Seniors were sent an email towards the end of April giving seniors a chance to nominate their classmates for yearbook superlatives like the class clown, most changed since freshman year, best hair, cutest couple, the life of the party, etc. 

“I am really excited to see which superlatives my friends end up winning.  The fact that Panera is catering doesn’t hurt either, but the (superlative) awards should be a fun time,” said senior Lily Roberts.

This year’s banquet is really an opportunity to spend time with your classmates, especially considering the unfortunate circumstances the past year has brought upon us. With the majority of students being remote, not a lot of seniors have spent time with their graduating class, and this banquet gives seniors a chance to talk to old friends and share high school memories before they graduate.