CHS Girls Golf Takes 3rd at Sectionals and Qualify to Regionals

Miranda Miller, Co-Editor In Chief

On Friday, September 17, the Lady Trojans golf team competed in the Sectionals match at Valparaiso Country Club.  

Valparaiso took first with a total score of 357, and was followed by Portage (380), who beat the CHS girls by five strokes.  The CHS team finished third out of 10 teams, including Hobart, La Crosse, and Andrean, with a final score of 385.  

Valparaiso’s sophomore Faith Lee took first place after carding a total score of 84.  In second place, Valparaiso’s sophomore Nora Rossmann and Chesterton’s senior Katelyn McCoy tied with a score of 85. Following, in third place was Portage’s senior Jordan Jacobs, who carded a final score of 91.  

McCoy came in with the best score out of the Trojans and was followed by senior Paige House who shot a 95.  After House, senior Miranda Miller came in with a 101, junior Lizzy Gray finished with a 104, with sophomore Alize Lawrence rounding out the scoring with a 106. 

“We are lucky to have gotten through as a team.  I know there were places we all could have improved and done better at sectionals.  I hope we can continue to improve and perform well at Regionals,” says McCoy. 

Through their 3rd place finish, the team qualified for the Regional competition, which will be held at Battleground Golf Course in West Lafayette on Saturday, September 25.