Chesterton Choir Auditions Open!

Let your voice be heard by auditioning for our wide variety of choirs for next year!

Grae Stockhausen, News Section Editor

The Chesterton Choir Program has been up and running for more than 50 years, and now is your chance to join. To find audition information, email Miss Morris to be put into the Choir Placement Canvas course. In the course, you’ll find a list of audition dates, two assignments for returning members, and then an audition form as a Google Form.

For newer members, you’ll have to sign up for a vocal audition slot in the assignment called Choir Audition Dates. At the bottom of the form, you’ll find a QR code that takes you to a table of time slots where you put down your name, grade, and what school you are currently attending. If you are from CHS, Discovery, or St. Pats, you would complete this form. If you or someone else is attending CMS, then you would sign up for a time slot with Mrs. Gorski. Students who are auditioning for a Concert Choir, Bel Canto, or Camerata will participate in the vocal placement audition only. Students who are auditioning for both Show Choir and a concert choir, or Show Choir only, will participate in both the vocal placement audition and dance audition.

CMS auditions are from Wednesday, April 13th, Thursday, April 14th, and Friday, April 18th. CHS auditions are on April 18th from 4:00pm-5:00pm. On the same day is the dance audition for members who wish to join Show Choir. Results for who got into which choir will release on Monday, April 25th.

The list and description of show choirs are below

:

Concert Choir – Introductory to the choir program made for freshmen and sophomores, though upperclassmen can join. Concert choir is involved in four choir concerts, Fall, Holiday, Spring, and Spring Revue. It is included in the ISSMA program.

Bel Canto – An all-female choir made for sophomores to seniors, though freshmen may join is permitted. Music theory is taught and tested in this choir. Bel Canto is involved in four choir concerts, Fall, Holiday, Spring, and Spring Revue. It is also included in the ISSMA program. 

Camerata – A mixed choir made for advanced singers, mostly juniors and seniors. Sophomores are permitted to join on special request. Music theory is taught and tested in this choir. Camerata is involved in four choir concerts, Fall, Holiday, Spring, and Spring Revue. It is also included in the ISSMA program.

Drifters – An all-female show choir group, freshmen to seniors. The Drifters compete in competitions and have practices every Monday and Thursday. Out-of-class practice and performance is required, and music theory is taught and tested. The Drifters are involved in four choir concerts, Fall, Holiday, Spring, and Spring Revue. It is also included in the ISSMA program.

Sandpipers – A mixed show choir group, normally juniors and seniors, though sophomores are permitted to join. The Sandpipers compete in competitions and have practices every Monday and Thursday. Out-of-class practice and performance is required, and music theory is taught and tested. The Sandpipers are involved in four choir concerts, Fall, Holiday, Spring, and Spring Revue. It is also included in the ISSMA program. 

For more in depth information on all choirs, look at the course descriptions for them found in the course description book on the DSC website.