In the Enchanted Garden, Prom Will Be a Night to Remember

Don’t forget to get your tickets soon

Miranda Miller, Co-Editor In Chief

Every year, prom night is one of the most anticipated events for upperclassmen. Last year, there were a lot of restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so this year, Chesterton High School staff is excited to announce that prom will be a night of enchantment to say the least. With the theme “Enchanted Garden,” the event will take place on Saturday, April 30 at Duneland Falls and will be a night of fun for all attendees. The doors will open at 6 pm and the dancing will end at 11 pm. 

Before the dance, the Grand March will take place outside on the track around the football field. Students are encouraged to participate and those who will must meet in the field house at 5 o’clock.

In order to enter the dance itself, students will need their ID and ticket, and will have to take a breathalyzer test. It is required that students who plan to attend the prom must be in school for the entire day on the Friday before. As soon as the doors close at 7 pm, dinner will be served. Dinner will be garlic and herb roasted chicken, penne pasta with alfredo sauce, loaded mashed potatoes, corn, salad and rolls.  Dessert and a soda bar will be available as well. 

Afterward, the royalty court will be announced at 7:45. This year’s royalty court will consist of only seniors and have two winners. Instead of having a king and a queen, the winning individuals will consist of the top two members of the royalty court. The winning students will also be given the opportunity to choose their preference of tiara or crown.

Mrs. Jendrzejczyk, the prom coordinator, wants to remind upperclassmen to buy their tickets as soon as possible as ticket sales will be limited to 600. Ticket sales will begin on Tuesday, April 5, and can be purchased in Mrs. Jendrzejczyk’s room, A122, for $45. The last day to purchase tickets will be Wednesday, April 20 with no exceptions. Once a student has purchased his or her ticket, he or she will not be able to transfer the ticket or receive a refund. If a student would like to bring an outside guest, he or she will need to go to the AP office and pick up a form that will be needed in order to purchase the guest ticket. In addition to purchasing their ticket, students will choose their seating for dinner. For any additional questions about prom ticket sales, please contact Mrs. Jendrzejczyk ([email protected]) or visit her in her classroom. 

Staff and students alike are ready for a night like no other. With dancing, dinner, and even a photobooth, students have much to look forward to for their 2022 Chesterton High School prom experience.