Lady Trojans Crush Morton; Slip vs South Central

CHS Lady Trojan Basketball continues their season with 1-1 week

Grae Stockhausen, Features Section Editor

The high school girl’s basketball season is in full swing, and CHS is off to a great start. Last week, the girls had two games: one on Tuesday, and one Friday. On Tuesday night, the girls squared off against Hammond Morton. In the game, the girls won in dominating fashion, with a 44-point victory. The Trojans scored a whopping 69 points, while Hammond Morton had just 25. The 44-point winning margin is a great way to continue their successful start to the season. Senior Amani Brown led all scorers with 12 points on Tuesday, and freshman Kenedi Bradley and sophomore Cori Schultz had double-figure point scoring too. 

On Friday, the team traveled out to South Central for a contest with the Satellites. While the Trojans put up a tremendous fight, where a tough second quarter did them in. After South Central outscored the Trojans 21-11 in quarter two, the Satellites never looked back, coasting to an 11-point win. Chesterton lost the game 48-37, with Brown again leading the team in points with eight. The girls will look to rebound this week as they take on the Indians from Lake Central in their first conference game of the season. Be sure to congratulate them in the hallways if you see them! Good job and good luck to the Lady Trojans this year.