Come and Celebrate the Mid-Year Graduates This Weekend!

CHS Wishes the Mid-Year Grads Congratulations!

Linnea Sundquist, Entertainment Section Editor

Seniors of Chesterton High School will have a mid-year graduation ceremony on January 21, 2023. Out of the 20 students who are graduating, only 13 are attending the January ceremony while the rest will attend the ceremony in May. 

The 13 graduates are Connor Thomas Caton, Madison Jane Fletcher, Paige Elizabeth Harkins, David Cater Kuehl, Braden Steven Lagneau, Trey William Mercer, Emily Elizabeth Jean Pacely, Rhianna Hayln Pfeiffer, Mason Reed Rex, Jacob Stanley Rutkowski, Cole Merritt Smith, Damian Matthew Stanek, and Taylor James Stevens. The other students that will be attending the May ceremony consist of Matthew Edward Brown, Andrew Allen Chasko, Elia Marie Fuentes, Rachel Cinthya Mihut, Mackenzie Lynne O’Hare, Brayden Lee Peyton, Alexis Michelle Rangel, Kaylee Jade Riggle, and Mariah Jeannine Vagner. These students are the in-person graduates, but we do have some graduates who will be attending the online ceremony who are a part of Trojan Virtual Academy. Those people are Princess Sydney Abella, Joshua Keystin Gunter, and Kyle Zachary Hartley. 

The ceremony was organized by Brent Martinson, the CHS principal, as well as his secretary Christine Roof. The ceremony will begin with the Pledge of Allegiance told by student Damian Stanek, then the Welcome presented by student Rihanna Pfeiffer, the Student Address presented by student Madison Fletcher followed by CHS Principal’s Remarks by Mr. Brent Martinson as well as TVA Principal’s Remarks presented by Mr. Kevin Zeck. The Presentation of Diploma will be presented by Mr. Robert McDermott and he will also be presenting the Declaration of Graduation finally, Paige Harkins will present the Turning of the Tassels. 

The ceremony will be held in the CHS auditorium at 4 pm on Saturday, January 21. If you have any questions you can contact Christine Roof at [email protected]. CHS wishes all the mid-year grads good luck for whatever lies in the future ahead of them.