Important Dates coming up during the 4th quarter

As the 4th and final quarter of the 2022-2023 school year is upon us, here are some important dates to remember.

Nathan Montoya, Editor of News

The 4th quarter has begun, and with it are new events happening within CHS. Happening soonest is from March 27th to the 31st is Spring Break when students can look forward to a week off of school and can recharge their batteries and prepare for the final weeks of the school year. On April 6th, incoming freshmen can attend the Freshman Parent Night at 6 pm in the Auditorium, where they can look forward to a short presentation, then a course/extra-curricular fair in the gym. Freshman course requests will also be available to view, along with teachers, administrators, and counselors who will be present so any questions can be answered. and later that month on the 13th, the Underclassmen Academic Awards Night is being held at 6 pm in the auditorium.

The month of May is going to be very busy, as it’s the last month before summer vacation, and there are a lot of events going on. May 3rd sees the 5% Banquet at the Spa. One of the more hyped-up events coming up on May 6th is the CHS Prom. The prom will be taking place at Duneland Falls and will be held from 7 to 11 pm. A little later in the month is the Senior Academic Awards Night, which will start at 6 pm in the auditorium. Another event for the seniors is the Senior Banquet, which currently has no set time and place. A day that will bring many sighs of relief from tired students who just finished finals will be the last day of school, which will be May 25th, and on May 31st will be Graduation for students, and will be at the Football Stadium at 7 pm.

The 4th quarter brings many celebrations, as well as parting gifts for any seniors or juniors who are graduating early and will most certainly be a very memorable 9 weeks.