CHS Winter Guard Begins a New Winning Streak

Not one, not two or three, but four first-place titles in a row

Rylan Fields, Sandscript Author

The Chesterton High School Winter Guard’s show Memory tells a very emotional story of a girl looking back on her past self as she lets go of her childhood and prepares to step into the real world. This show is not only beautiful but the sheer skill it required helped the Winter Guard break personal records and win multiple first-place titles at competitions.

The CHS Winter Guard’s hard work has paid off this season. Their consistent improvement throughout the months is shown in their scores. At Lake Park High School, they placed first in the scholastic regional A class with a score of 71.17. At Hersey High School, they took first place again with a score of 70.75. They took first place by a long shot at Minooka High School with a score of 78.84. And they took first in the Regional A Lindstrom division at Victor J. Andrew High School with a score of 88.97. This season has been one of if not the best, season the Winter Guard has ever performed.

At their competition at Victor J. Andrew High School, they set a new personal record with a score of 88.97. This score gapped all of their previous seasons’ scores by at least 14.71 points. Needless to say, the CHS Winter Guard has been doing truly amazing work this year.