DSC Annual Artexhibit

Gabrielle Rose, Sandscript Author

Every year during the spring, the Duneland School Corporation hosts an annual art show from kindergarten through eighth grade. Kids in the grade levels may show off their artwork to their families and students. Their artwork will be on display at the Corporal’s annual exhibit at the Chesterton Art Center. There will be two receptions hosted for students and families to visit. In order to make sure all visitors get a chance to see the students’ art work, a schedule has been created. 

On Wednesday, April 6, the art exhibits at Jackson Elementary, Liberty Elementary, and Chesterton Middle School will take place. Then, on Thursday, April 7, Bailey Elementary, Brummitt Elementary, Yost Elementary, Westchester Intermediate, and Chesterton Middle School (again) will hold theirs. 

The recommended times to visit the students art work is as follows: Kindergarten to second grade viewing times are from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m, third grade and fourth grader viewing times are from 6:30 to 7:00 p.m, fifth grade and sixth graders viewing times are from 7:00 to 7:30, and seventh and eighth grade viewings are from 7:30 to 8:00 p.m.

When the displays go to the Chesterton Art Center, you may visit them as well. It will be open without cost to visitors. You can visit from April 1- April 16. On Monday-Friday, people can visit from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday’s the Art Center is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The center is not open on Sundays.